Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Dad


I really wish my dad shared more about his family. Unfortunately, he was very closed mouth about them. He was born in Mississippi and was an only child. However, I can't imagine that he didn't have a bunch of other relatives there. All I know is he had a cousin named Robert (we actually knew him) that lived in Detroit. Luckily, my mom had some information, so I at least know his parents (my grandparents) names: Chatman (or Chapman) Myers and Rosa Ward. This is where I hit the proverbial brick wall. I can't seem to get any information on either of them (parents, siblings, anything). Now, when my dad's cousin, Robert passed away, my dad and I took the train to Detroit to make funeral arrangements. There I came across photos that I brought home with me. The photos are somewhat marked with names and indicates that they are various Ward relatives. You would think, armed with these names, that I would be able to locate something about them. But, nooooooo, nothing. I'll keep plugging away, something will surface eventually. I have faith!

1 comment:

  1. I think you favor your father.He is very handsome.

    Geneology is hard and time consuming. My brother has spend the majority of his adult life gathering family data. He has traveled many miles to find all documents were lost due to a flood or fire. He has had his best luck with older members of the family, churchs for baptism, marriages, and funerals. Keep up the good work...

    ReplyDelete